Our honey is from hives located on local farms, orchards, and meadows. We hand harvest small batches of artisanal, raw honey from hives located in Damascus, Woodbine, Poolesville, Mt. Airy, Glenelg, and Silver Spring.
Depending on the time of year, we have honey from Locust trees, Tulip Poplar trees, and wildflowers. We usually carry:
- Liquid honey in various size containers.
- Comb honey
- Chunk honey
- Creamed honey
All of our honey is local, natural and raw. We do not pasteurize or heat our honey products.
In the spring, we sell honey bees to new beekeepers and to current beekeepers wanting to expand their operation.
- Package bees (three pounds of bees and a queen)
- Nucleus colony (five full frames of bees, brood and a marked laying queen on either deep or medium frames).
At our shop in Gaithersburg, we sell beekeeping equipment. We are a proud distributor of Mann Lake Ltd Products.
- Woodenware (hive bodies, supers, frames, etc.)
- Foundation (wax and wax-coated plastic)
-Beekeeping tools (smokers, hive tools, etc.)
- Protective Gear (bee suits, veils, gloves, etc)
We also offer full assembly and painting of equipment.
When you are ready for your first harvest, we offer extractors and containers for your liquid gold.
Beeswax can be used for candles, crafts, woodworking, lotions, soaps, and more.
Our beeswax comes from the cappings removed from the honey combs when extracting honey.
It can contain some natural impurities.
Available in various weights.